Friday, December 2, 2011

Foreign Cover Friday!

Foreign Cover Friday is a Weekly Meme hosted by The Reading Fever 
Obviously, the covers I chose are not ALL foreign.. but the idea is still there :) 

First off. I apologize for not announcing the Winner last Friday! Life took hold and I was well.. not in a state to post. 

That being said, the Winner is :  
   English Hardcover Edition #1
With 44% of the votes, most people stuck with the original !

Next up: Sweep book #1 - Book of Shadows
By Cate Tiernan

When I asked her on twitter which her favorite was she replied:

I love the current covers, both the single title and the omnibus. Got so lucky with those.


Morgan thinks witchcraft is laughable when her best friend Bree drags her to a meeting of the Cirrus Coven. But during a cermony led by Cal, Morgan's long-time crush, Morgan feels a shock. Suddenly everything looks brighter, clearer. Morgan doesn't want to get involved with witchcraft-but she feels like witchcraft is choosing her.

English paperback editions

                   #1 (Current edition)                     #2
                                                                         

                 English paperback           English Audio book
                             #3

                               German Paperback        

 French Paperback Editions

                                 #1                                 #2

I missed one! This is the Omnibus edition, 
a collection of the first 3 books in the series :) 

My favorite is the French #1 :) I like the simplicity of it. I also enjoy the English paperback #1 but I sometimes get thrown when we see the face of the model because it very rarely matches up with what I see in my head. 
I also enjoy the collection :) love the way its made to look old and worn.

Share your opinions in the Comments and please vote in the poll!

If you want to vote for the Omnibus edition please tell me in the comments, as the poll is active and wont let me change it :S- learning process haha



If you do not see the poll, please select "read more"




8 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I think I like the French edition (#2) the best. The patter and black and gold colors look really good together.

    Also: I'm SO sorry there isn't a post on my blog yet! I'm having problems with either Blogger or Chrome--I still don't know which--and I can't access my post editor. I'll tweet you as soon as a post it up though.

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the English HB #1 won the last round heheh quite expected :P

    I'm really disappointed with this time's post though.
    Or should I say, I'm disappointed with the covers?
    The only one which really caught my eye is the Eng paperback #1 which is what I have in my country too.
    The others are really, well, not so pretty.
    Especially the Eng paperback #3.
    Disastrous I may say :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penelope.. I didn't post at all last week , so I don't think you have to be worried about me being all " grr she didn't post " haha.

    Midnight, I'm sorry you are disappointed in the post, it is quite sad there are not better covers, because I actually really like this series! This book isn't up played like it should be. they just reprinted it again, but in groupings? ( where they put three stories in one book ? ) I dunno, I keep hoping it will get picked up more and then they will realize they need snazzier covers. I Will have much cooler covers up next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, the German one was pretty! I don't know how well it matched with the book inside though... for instance, I wouldn't be able to guess it was about witchcraft. The one that most evokes the description for me (since I haven't read it, *sadface*) is probably French #1. But I still like the German one best lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Jazu, the German one is very pretty, I like the purple! But... I can't really remember a necklace in the book.. it's been since highschool.. so that throws me off a bit

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower. I've never seen any other covers save the american versions. These are great covers. Great job. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Grace- thanks for following! I love new book friends, I had never seen anything other than american version as well.. never thought to look! thats why I am loving doing these F.C.F's !

    @ Melissa, The German one is pretty dang Gorgeous isn't it? I just didn't feel like it fit the feel of the book.. but that could just be me :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Feedback,recommends, you name it !